Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Memories

Easter has come and gone and I feel like I missed it. Why does time go faster and faster when you get older? When you are a kid it seems like it is years tell your favorite holiday or Birthday comes and you soak up every moment when the day finally arrives.
I didn't get a family picture like I usually do but I did manage to get a few pictures of two out of the three Easter Egg hunts we participated in this year.

Here is Ladybug finding her first Easter Egg! She looks so enthused hu???



on a side note...I am having a really difficult time getting good pictures of things (kids, landscapes etc..) with my camera. Either they are to dark or the flash washes every one out. I am frustrated. My older camera seems to have been better than the one that Bryan got me as a Labor Gift last year. My older camera would not keep a charge though and it has become pointless to try and take any pictures when it will only take 2-3 before the battery dies again.
If any one has pointers to help me out leave me a comment.

Here is Bug after hunting for his eggs! He was kind off freaked out at first, but Bryan managed to keep him going. He was excited it was over so that he could get to the candy inside those plastic eggs!


Bug got to attend the Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt this year. He was excited, I was nervous but it ended up being a fun filled event. I met up with my friend Alyson at the park where it was being held. She was going to take care of Ladybug for me while I helped Bug look for his assigned eggs. He had the number 41 written on his hand and he was only to pick up the eggs that had his number on them. He waited excitedly with Alyson's son and when the horn went off he took off like a shot! I ran as fast as I could to catch up with him. He ran past dozens of eggs and then when he saw one he liked he picked it up. I was hollering at him to look at the number on the egg....but he didn't want to hear me. I say "want" because I know he could hear me, but chose not too. He tripped a couple times but was up and running again before I could catch him. FINALLY he slowed down and I got a hold of his hand. I explained that he needed to find eggs with his number on them. I saw the light bulb go off above his head. "Ahhhh". I looked in his basket and there were 10+ eggs already in side, and NONE of the had the number 41 on them. We dumped the eggs and began looking for his eggs. It got darker and darker and darker and colder and colder and colder. I did find 9 out of his 10 eggs, and I finally made the decision that it was time to call it quits when I saw poor little Ladybug soooo tired. It was 9pm when we got back to the van and both kids were in bed at 9:30pm. It was a late night.

Here is a picture of Bug being an EGG!


After I got the kids to bed I managed to get my Easter Bunny Ears on and hopped about the living room hiding eggs. I was so proud of myself and was excited to show Bug what the "Easter Bunny" had done while he was asleep. "wink wink" but that little stinker tricked me. He got up before I did and at 7am came running into our room saying "The EASTER BEAGLE CAME!" *Charley Brown cartoon*. I got up and told him that I would be right there to show him the eggs and when I came into the living room this is what I found!!!



He had found all the eggs!!! All by himself!!! That little stinker! He did leave his Basket alone, thank goodness. I don't think he realized that there was fun stuff inside of it until I showed him, so next year it might be a different story. I just thought it was so funny that he found all the eggs before coming to get me and Bryan. STINKER!





Not the greatest picture, but it is the only one I have of the kids together. I was taking Ladybug's pictures when Bug plopped down. It was cute in real life, just not so in pictures.
Like I said my camera is doing weird things. I am not happy with it right now.
We went to church, got there right when Sacrament was starting, but had to sit out in the foray because there was no seating left in the chapel. Probably for the best. Bug looked very grown up in his Easter Suit. Ladybug also looked very cute in her Easter dress. Wish I had gotten a picture of us, but it was crazy just getting out the door to church.

3 jittering comments:

Karen Rissmann said...

I totally didn't have time to take pictures of my two all dressed up either. I didn't even realize it until they were both in their play clothes. Oh well, maybe next year. Sorry I don't have any camera advice for you, I have trouble with mine sometimes too.

By the way I am Karen from Moms Club, hopefully we will get to meet in person one of these days.

Mikaela said...

It looks like you had such a fun Easter. I am laughing that Bug found all the Easter eggs you'd hidden. Kids are just too smart!

jennbecc said...

Bring your camera and manual when you come. Maybe we can figure it out. What about ordering a new battery for your old sony? I looked into that before once my battery stopped holding a good charge and found a few stores on Amazon and I think Ebay. You should try that.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.