Sunday, November 27, 2005

Baby Jesus

We decorated our home for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. After thinking about Spencer and the fact that he is rolling every where and in a matter of days crawling everywhere, we decided to put our plush nativity underneath the Christmas Tree. I thought this would be a safe thing for him to play with if he decided to check things out.

Last night Bryan, Spencer and I went to a friends home to congratulate them on the purchase of their first home. When we came home we found the Nativity that was underneath the Christmas tree all over the living room floor. I realized that the cats (Pepe' probably- more so than Sidney) had been playing with it while we were out. I was upset and scolded them both, and began to put the Nativity back in order. I put the Stable up, the Wise Men and their Camel, and the Sheperds and their Sheep, and Mary and Joseph and the manger, but what a minute.....where was the Baby Jesus? We looked and looked and looked. Under the couch, the coffee table, the dinning room, but could not find him. After 5 minutes or more of looking Bryan finally found him under neath the tree skirt behind the Christmas Tree.

I guess the cats thought that Baby Jesus was a good Cat Nip toy!

No Cat Nip on him, but they wanted to play with him just the same.

So now I have to keep an eye on Spencer and Pepe'.

2 jittering comments:

MaryRuth said...

poor cats and poor baby jesus. they just wanted a toy to play with!

Uberly Ewe said...

I guess I will have to get them some more cat toys. I woke up this morning and found the Nativity all over the living room- but Mary was laying on the Baby Jesus- protecting him I guess. LOL!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.