Friday, February 17, 2006

Freezing our toes off!

Well, Winter didn't want to go a way I guess. After the snow we got on Monday it melted off the roads by Tuesday morning. We had clear skies both Tuesday and Wednesday but it was COLD. Thursday we woke up to more snow falling. I survived and did manage to drive the mini van over to the Video store to return some movies that we had rented. I was nervous but all the roads that I drove on were clear of snow. Good.

I thought it was cold the past few days, but that was nothing compared to the temp this morning.....it was 2 degrees! And the wind is blowing from the North East at 15-25 miles per hour witch is making it feel like -15 degrees below! COLD!!! I hope that the van starts up this morning. LOL! The Sonata did not do good when it was that cold out!

Nothing to exciting has been happening this past week. Just the weather really.

I did get a call from the case worker yesturday and found out some more information about our Foster to Adopt situation. I believe that I emailed everyone that wanted to be keep updated but if I missed you just send me an email and I will let you know what is happening.

Spencer continues to do all his baby stuff. He is crawling every where and seems to be very happy that he can do that. We are working on standing and trying to pull ourselves to standing. Also, working on putting toys in side buckets and playing Peek-A-Bo all the time.

At bath time I like to sing the song that Ernie sang on Seasame Street, called "Rubber Duckie" I am surprised that I knew most of the lyrics. I found the song on the internet and know I can see all the other verses at his next bath. Yea! I downloaded the version that Ernie is singing on Seasame Street and Spencer heard it playing from in the living room and came right over to the gate that seperates the living room form the dining room and looked at the computer and at me. He had a huge smile on his face. I went and grabbed one of his rubber duckies from his bath toy hamick (he must have 20 of them in that thing), and squeezed it he laughted out loud!
It was cute.

Well other than that, not much to tell.

I CAN NOT WAIT TELL SPRING ARRIVES!

I want warmer weather!
I did notice that the tulips have popped themselves up through the dirt in our flower beds on Tuesday. I hope they are doing ok with all the snow that just fell yesturday. I will check them out later today.

1 jittering comments:

MaryRuth said...

you should totally do a scrapbook page about spencer and the rubby ducky and write what you just wrote on your blog on his page. it's a totally cute story!!

sorry you're freezing. it's pretty cold here too... not as cold as you are though.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.