Monday, March 26, 2007

Sensory Box

I finally did it! And I am so happy! And I have a happy BUG too!

I found this site that gave ideas for Sensory Boxes for each month. I love the idea but felt a bit overwhelmed by the idea I guess. Buying all those beans or rice or what ever I put into the box. But I finally said "JUST DO IT! It is going to help the BUG!" Then I remembered that I had a food storage down stairs in the pantry with RICE in it that I could use. After I got Bug to bed last night, I headed down to the pantry to get the rice...but I only had one can left....and I couldn't justify letting the Bug use it as a toy when we eat it several times a month...But then I saw TWO (ya Two!!!) cans of Beans! We have had these beans in our pantry for 2+ years and have not touched them....and will never touch eat them.....EVER! What a find! I brought them upstairs and empted them into the tub and ran my fingers in the beans...FUN!



Today I set the tub on the floor for BUG to dig around in. I gave him some EASTER EGGS and measuring cups and spoons and he had so much fun! He got many beans all over the floor but HE was having so much FUN that I didn't mind. It was easy to clean up. Here is a pic from the activity.



The reason Bug is still in his PJ's is because he is sick. Coughing and stuffy nose. We are having a lazy day watching Blues Clues and just playing quitely.

6 jittering comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea. I'll have to try that. We have only had one OT Therapy appointment so far. I guess he doen't need OT appts as much as Speech Therapy. Yeah!!!

Heidi said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

So cool. I've also hesitated using that much rice/ beans, but I should just do it. Looks fun.

jennbecc said...

Great idea and easier to keep stray cats from using it as a litter box like they would a sand box in the back yard! Remind me to do this for Zack and Jake when they are old enough.
Love you,
Jenn

MaryRuth said...

cute picture!

klh said...

Fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.