Monday, April 02, 2007

Important Memories

I didn't know what to blog about today when I checked out my friend MaryRuth's Blog and I as inspired. Thanks MaryRuth for always helping me to remember who is important in my life...My Family, Hubby and Son and also my Mom and Sisters too!

11 years ago today....Bryan asked me to marry him.
We had been dating for about 4 months. Had broken up the week after Valentine's Day because I was not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I felt sad when we broke up but also very proud of him. Strange to think this way...but I did. I really cared about him and just wanted him to be happy. I was impressed with his religous conviction and this made me love him even more. I had dated several other guys before I met Bryan and they all said things about their beliefs but did the opposite when it came down to certian things.
Only 3 days after we broke up Bryan called me and wanted to talk. I agreed. We never managed to leave my apartment parking lot when he started to get teary eyed...he explained that he could not live with out me...and that Heavenly Father revealed to him that he was suppose to stay with me. I remember telling him that I was not going to join the LDS church. He said it didn't matter.
I thought .... ok....I will learn more about this church and maybe I will join....but more likely not. I was going to enjoy being with this guy either way it turned out.
Then he went and popped the question on April 2nd, 1996. I was so shocked!!! Did not see that coming! He took me to Equus a very fancy resturant. I felt a bit underdressed. He had just picked me up from work. The waiter kept looking at us as he passed out table. We talked, and then all of a sudden Bryan pulled a small box out from his pocket. He opened it and there was the most beautiful ring I had ever saw. I was speechedless. I touched the ring....tried it on....it was huge!!! The ring was a bit to big for my skinny finger...(I have since had to enlarge the ring because I have gained weight since we got married...lol). Bryan finally said...."Does this mean yes?" And I smiled and said, "YES!!!" I did manage to say a little later, that I am not going to join the LDS church...and Bryan's reply was "It does not matter. I am suppose to be with you."
We were married 6 months later~ October 26, 1996 *My parent's anniversay, and my Grandparent's anniversary dates*
And then ..... about 2 years later, I did end up joining the LDS Church. We had stopped going to church for a little bit...both of our churches...and then moved into a new apartment and started to attend the LDS Church, Benett Valley Ward and that is when I realised that there were Sister Missionaries. I told Bryan I would talk to them and then realized that I was already a "Mormon" and didn't even know it. All my morals and values were the same as the LDS Church believes...*probably why Bryan was interested in me in the first place*. I decided to make it offical on March 20, 1998. We got Sealed in the Oakland Temple a year later.

I am so glad that Bryan walked into that Eye Glass store that I was working at that day. Little did I know that Heavenly Father had some very exciting plans for me and my life because of that day.
I have a great husband, who loves me so much...with the good and the bad...and we have been blessed with "The Bug" our adopted son. Bryan was so supportive when it finally came to us making the decision to go the adoption route....and then even more so...with the Foster to Adopt route through the State Agency.

I am blessed!

4 jittering comments:

Heidi said...

WHAT A GREAT POST! This was such a fun insight into your background. How fun for you guys! Congratulations!

Andrea said...

Ahhhh. What a cute and inspiring story. I love it. Thanks for sharing!

MaryRuth said...

Such a great story! Made me a bit teary eyed!

So glad that you guys are happy.

And I'm always happy to *inspire* blog posts! haha!

Happy engagement anniversary! Can't believe we were engaged so close together!

Anonymous said...

olleh

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.