Saturday, September 01, 2007

Ramblings of a sleep deprived woman

Wish I had more to report...or blog about. Just have been busy.
I think I have got an evening routine down for Bug, Squeeker and me. It has worked for the past 4 days so I think it will continue. Squeeker slept so well last night. He didn't wake us up for feedings until 4 hours. This was so nice....sleep is good.

Squeeker weights 7 pounds 6 ounces and continues to get cuter and cuter. I will try and post a picture of him soon. He is not very photogenic like Bug was when he was little, so it is hard to get some good pictures of him.

It has been crazy dealing with a new case worker. I have been trying to get a hold of him for 3 days and that was after a week had already gone by with the switch to a long term caseworker and he had not called me. Visitations with Squeeker's birthmother will start up next week. Ugggg. I think it is stupid to give her a second chance....because she was doing Meth the day she gave birth to him so she really didn't seem to care about this baby she was carring. The new case worker was not happy that she was given a second chance either but he has to do what the law says. It was nice to hear that from him...even though he can't do anything about it. It just made me feel like he understood how I was feeling. Other news....I guess the birthmother and her boyfriend are married now. At first this bothered me, fear that she could really get her act together and down the road the judge award placement with her and this guy, but then I got to thinking, this guy has been in jail *infact was when Squeeker was conceived- so is not the biological father although his name is listed on the birth certificate * also he has had a vasectomy (spelling). Being in Jail could cause a big big big problem for passing a back ground check...and cause problems with placement and since birthmother is married to him....she is stuck.

Anyway...I ramble.
I wish that I had more fun things to blog about...I am totally missing my lessons with Bug! I need to get back on track....because planning things to do and activities at home, crafts was so much fun and I think Bug really liked them. He is surprising me everyday with the new things he can understand. I have some flash cards that ask questions about numbers....One said...how many cats are there? There was 5 cats on the card along with 3 balls. He counted only the cats and told me 5! I was amazed that he understood the question! Way cool!

3 jittering comments:

Andrea said...

What a smart little bug.
Crazy messed up life for that girl. Sad. Hope things stay good for you and you.

Jennie said...

i am so glad that squeaker is doing so well! how great is that?!

oh... i totally love the new picture with you and your boys! so cute!

Anonymous said...

You will find a way of getting through this too. You are such a positive person that this too shall pass, and you will have the family you've always wanted. I love the picture of you and your boys, as I am partial to the two boys family thing. I'm very happy for you.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.