Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Breakfast Routine!

"I want Smoothie! I want Smoothie! I want peanut butter smoothie!"


The cries get louder and louder as I walk down the stairs into the basement. Down the hall I turn on the light and walk to my son's bedroom door. The request seems so urgent, and frantic.


I click on the light in his room and remember to keep the dimmer low to allow his little blue eyes to adjust to the light. The flood of light from the play room into his bedroom stops him for 10 seconds and then the request begins again but this time with a smile and a laugh.


My Son is a Smoothie-aholic! When he got sick last winter and had to go on antibiotics, nothing I tried worked to help him take his medication. He hated the taste and would scream at me as I tried to give him the dropper of medication. I dreaded giving it to him and wished that he would co-operate with the matter. After two days of trying to give him the medication (3 times a day!) the thought finally came to me to put it into a smoothie. So that is just what I did! He sucked it back so quickly. And would request more.


To this day, everyother day I can hear my son saying from his bedroom when I get him up in the morning...."I want Smoothie!" It was cute at first, but not so much now. Especially when he demands it several times through out the day.


I am greatful for the invention of the smoothie, because it has saved me many a morning when we have to quickly get out of the house to Occupational Therapy or other doctor appointments.

I just make up a smoothie and take it with us in the car!


I have also gotten creative with them recently. I can put veggies in there too and he will suck it back just the same.


I would recommend buying a Magic Bullet if you want to make smoothies. It is small to store, and REALLY fast to clean up!


Here are a few pictures of this morning.

5 jittering comments:

Jennie said...

love it!!!

i am a huge fan of smoothies too! i usually crave them during the summer though...

how fun! i have tried so many smoothie makers... but not the bullet! is is good? maybe i should try it!

Grammy said...

I want a smoothie too!

MaryRuth said...

I love the look of your new banner!!

We love banana shakes... ice, milk, frozen bananas... little sugar... yummy!!

miss you!

jennbecc said...

Yummmmmmm! Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie....I think I need to go get one at Surf City on my lunch!

Unknown said...

Smoothies now that is a great idea.........you especially peaked my interest at the hidden veg...........we have given charlie prunes, he does actually like them and prune juice with apple but still no "movement".......hes a hard one alright!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.