Thursday, January 31, 2008

Scared out of my MIND!

Bryan had to run to the post office to drop off a thank you card to the interview people and I decided that Bug and I needed to get out of the house too. I have been cooped - up in this house for far to many days. It has been too cold to get out, and too exhausting to fight the snowy roads to venture far from home.

We drove up to the north side of town and bought new windshield wippers because the other ones on the van finally kicked the bucket. After Bryan faught with installing them for 10 minutes we were off to Dr. Bond's Chiropractic office so that I could get a much needed adjustment. I have had this cold for two weeks now and I have been coughing a lot that I think I might have pushed a rib out. Bug fell asleep in the van so we took turns going into the office to get our adjustment. Dr. Bond thinks I have a slight case of Bronchitis so he did some muscal testing and other stuff to try and get my immune system to fight this off. I am hoping that I feel better soon. Sleeping continues to be very difficult.

We then headed back south, and got to the post office to mail Bryan's letter off, and then downtown to locate a Dry Cleaners to get his suit cleaned. After yesterdays adventure with flying and driving the suit really needed to be cleaned. It had been several months since it had been cleaned because he doesn't get to wear it to much because of working on Sundays.

But on our way down town the most scariest thing happened in the car. We were crossing over the Maple street bridge heading South. I commented that my friend Alyson hates crossing over this bridge. Bryan said it is a very dangerous bridge; he sees accidents on it all the time. I then said, "I have yet to see an accident on this bridge in the 6 years we have lived here." Then we drove under the overpass of Broadway Blvd. and our windshield filled up with Brown Muddy Water hitting our windshield over and over and over. It was never ending. It seemed like it was 30 sec....or MORE! I screamed "OH MY GOD!" *sorry God, but I was SCARED out of my mind!* I thought we were going to die! We were driving about 30-35 mph. We had no idea if the cars in front of us were going to stop. They were not that far ahead of us. Maybe two car lenghts at most. And there was a car next to us but I couldn't see it anymore, since the water was covering the front and side windows.
Soon the water cleared, and I covered my face. Bryan asked me if I was ok, but all I could do was cry. The wave of fear that swept over me was so intense that I litterly could feel my heart pounding in my chest and thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest. I got sick to my stomach and then the tears came. I couldn't stop them. Bryan realized that I was NOT ok, and he reached over and grabbed my hand.

He drove off the bridge and I managed to calm my self down. We then drove over to get something to eat. I needed to get out of this car! All the snow on the ground and the crazy people driving was just a bit much for me.

We did manage to find a cleaners and dropped off Bryan's suit, but up on the South hill. LOL
Closer to home, which at this time is very good.

3 jittering comments:

Grammy said...

did you get your Taco Bell?? yum yum...yummy!

jennbecc said...

Scary. Glad that everyone is safe.

Andrea said...

Scary. I'm not a fan of driving in winter with all the other crazy drivers and crazy roads. But.. can't stay home for 6 months.
Glad you are all ok. Hope you feel better soon.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.