Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dying Eggs for EASTER!

We got the kits (5 of them!) and the eggs and the newspaper and gloves and stripped the kid to protect his clothes and then the fun began.


He was not to sure what Daddy was trying to show him at first but after the 3rd egg he had the system down, and became a pro at coloring eggs. We didn't use the traditional dying kits but rather some new ones, where you get to put the egg in a bag and drop coloring in the bag and rub them around the eggs. And then we added glitter. He had a blast!

Daddy showing Bug how to rub the paint around the egg. This was the first egg so he was a bit hesitant.


Bug's First EGG! GREEN!


Bug enjoyed putting the glitter on the egg! Shake Shake Shake...."I like the salt!" That is what he kept calling the glitter.


All the eggs colored and drying. Some of them are mine too. I couldn't help myself...but I had to color some too. My favorite holiday is EASTER! I love coloring eggs. And these new kits were so much fun! They were fast and easy! No waiting for the eggs to turn colors in the vinegar dyes.


OH, but one thing to remember. Wear gloves or your fingers will be a colored too! Does not come off!

4 jittering comments:

Grammy said...

Pretty Colors! I especially like the PINK on the fingers. Is this a sign of a GIRLIE BABY?!!!
*smiles*

Andrea said...

What fun eggs. I've never seen kits like that.
I had dye on my hands too for a few days.

Becky said...

I like the egg dying system- your eggs look sooo much better than ours did this year!

jennbecc said...

Pretty eggs! Mine were hideous!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.