Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Italian Meatball Soup- yummmmm

Here is the recipe for the Italian Meatball Soup that I mentioned in my menu for this week.
It is so easy to make. REALLY EASY and healthy too!

Prep and Cook Time: 15 min
Servings: 4

8 oz. refrigerated or frozen cooked Italian-seasoned or otther meatballs
1 can (15-1/4 oz.) can of sweet peas, drained
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano (today I used just plain Diced Tomatoes and added my own dried spices of Basil, Garlic & Organo)
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
Fresh basil leaves (optional)

Steps to prepair:

1. Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
2. Bring to boil
3. Reduce heat. simmer, uncovered about 10 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
4. Garnish with basil, if desired.

Enjoy.
Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the process and the finished meal. But it looks pretty with red tomatoes and green peas...and smells and tastes so good.
We are eating ours with cheesy garlic bread!

1 jittering comments:

MaryRuth said...

This sounds so good!! Yummy! Can't wait to try!

Thanks!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.