Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday Meal Planning 4-7-2008

I am going to try to do this yet again....why....because I really don't feel organized and I hate it when it is 5pm and I have no idea what is for dinner. I really want to not feel stressed out in this area of my life and I know that when I plan dinner the week before I do feel less stressed. The only problem is...I get going really good and then I get tired and I slack and then the plan falls apart. So I am going to try and just keep things simple. Maybe I have been trying to hard, to be the "domestic diva" in my dreams. Baby steps!!! Need to remember baby steps, and enjoy the journey!

So here is the dinners planned for this week:

Monday: Mac & Cheese with hot dogs (Bryan works late)

Tuesday: Meatball soup

Wednesday: Soft Tacos

Thursday: Special Egg Salad Sandwiches (recipe below) (Bryan work late)

Friday: Pizza (going to Costco since it is payday and need to buy pizza and soy milk as well as a few other bulk items) (Bryan works late)

Saturday: Left overs

Sunday: Lunch * Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with soup * Dinner * out because I need to go pick up the items for the Just Between Friends Sale that didn't sell. 7:30pm pick up time. So we will hit a fast food place and get something to eat before Bug and I go pick up the items.


Special Egg Salad
From Country Woman


INGREDIENTS
· 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
· 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
· 1/2 teaspoon sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon pepper
· 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
· 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
· 6 lettuce leaves

SERVINGS 6

PREP 15 min.

TOTAL 15 min.


DIRECTIONS
In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. beat in the mayonnaise, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; fold in the eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on toast with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.

2 jittering comments:

Renee' P said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just sat down last weekend and got 17 recipes to try. I will post them as I make them. It's hard to come up w/something every night though.
It's hard to keep up a routine too.
Good luck w/it!

Martha said...

Your egg salad sounds yummy! I just posted my menu for the week too. Simple is good.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.