Sunday, November 09, 2008

Meal Planning

I am trying to make my life a bit easier. Hard to remember that I don't have to be superwoman. I want everything to be just right. I like things done a certain way. Items put away in certain spots. And I feel unsettled when I am not going by a list of things to do each day. I don't like my daily schedule changed on me. I am not spontanious. Don't like to be in most situations.

So with all this in mind, and the fact that I need to relax a little more, and not be so hard on myself, I have decided to cut down on the number of meals I make each week. Bryan is only home 3 nights during the week so I have decided to only make dinners those three nights. These are the three recipes for this week.

Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken, served with jasmin rice

Pork chops with apples and stuffing

Easy Lasanga, with garlic bread and green salad.

The nights that Bryan has to work will be left overs or chicken nuggets, grill cheese sandwiches, fish sticks, or peanut butter sandwiches. Something easy to make since both kids tend to be pretty cranky towards the end of the day. We will see how this works out.

5 jittering comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great idea. Hope it works.
When my husband is gone we eat cereal and such. The kids eat lots and easy peasy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me. Like Rachael Ray says, "Why reinvent the wheel."
You have to do what works best for you and your family. That's kind of what I like to do for meals. We definately have nights where we finish off the left-overs, and it makes me feel good. I hate to throw away food.

Becky said...

This is EXACTLY what I do. I only cook when Jon will be home. Not that I only cook because I want to please my husband - - it's kind of my little reward for having to have him gone during the crazy dinner hour. The few times I have tried to cook while he is gone, I end up being frustrated because half the time my kids complain about what I have made anyway. I can't please everyone! So what's the point, if the kids don't care anyway? They LOVE frozen burritos or macaroni and cheese- so that is what they usually end up eating when I don't cook. I let them choose, then I will make my own little meal out of left-overs or a quick salad or quesadilla. Since you know he will only home 3 days of the week at dinner, you could just make a larger meal on those nights- so you always have left-overs for yourself. Good for you for simlifying your life!! There was a conference talk about that . . .

Becky said...

Oh by the way- never think you are a bad person for any reason - - I ended up staying home from conference today! I felt really cruddy when I woke up- so feel a little justified.

jennbecc said...

Sounds like a good idea. I just started cooking more...I finally pulled out my crock pot and started using it for the first time ever. I've made 3 yummy things in it now!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.