Sunday, November 09, 2008

Thankful Day 9

Thankful for religion.

I always have believed that there is a God, and I believed in Jesus Christ. I was baptised when I was 9 years old in a Baptist church. It was my decision. I felt the Spirit of God calling me and I responded. The enthusiasum of a 9 year old is overwhelming but unfortuantly, over time I drew cold to the passion that I felt inside.

Years went by and in the fall of 1992 I found myself walking through the doors of Calvary Community Church to listen to my friends Anne and Tim sing in their church. At the end of the service I felt uplifted, and renewed. I started to attend every Sunday. I went to the Single's Group activities. I made friends. I prayed. I read my scriptures. I was happy.

After several years I again longed for something more. Something suddenly didn't feel complete. Like something was missing. I could not put my finger on it.

I met a boy who was of a different faith. A faith that my friends worned me about. My friends sccared me with stories and beliefs that this faith practiced. But I was in love with this boy. It didn't feel wrong. In fact it felt safe. I felt peaceful, and at home. Questions in my mind were being answered and confirmed by the beliefs in this church. I held off tell I was absolutely sure this is what I was suppose to do.

On March 20th, 1998 I joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have never regreted doing this. I feel at peace with my decision. I know that Heavenly Father was with me through the help of the Spirit of God my entire life.

God was with this young girl when she was born, to when she was that 9 year old little girl, to the young adult woman searching for answers, and allowing a young man to come into an eye glass store, fall in love with this young girl, ask her to marry him and spend the rest of his life with him, and then share the truth about his faith with her, opening her eyes to what her Heavenly Father had planned for her.

I am thankful for GOD; My Heavenly Father, and my Savior Jesus Christ!

4 jittering comments:

Andrea said...

Very well said.
I love hearing people's stories. So inspiring.

Momzoo said...

beautiful testimony, thanks for sharing

jennbecc said...

Glad that your relationship with God has brought you peace.

MaryRuth said...

I love your conversion story... I've heard it before but each time it makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.