Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thankful Day 11

I am thankful for my freedom!
It is amazing just how blessed I am to live in a country where I have to choice to be what I want to be, do what I want to do, and live how I want to live.

Some might say that our freedoms have been taken away, and we are subject to the government.
Granted, things changed a lot 7 years ago, when time seemed to go in slow motion as two planes crashed into the World Trade Center Towers.
Homeland security has been a word we hear all the time now.
Two Wars are being fought.
Gas prices have risen, and our economy has pretty much gone in the pooper.

But we still have the freedom to express our self. I am thankful that I have the freedom to create this blog and post about what I am passionate about in my life. I am thankful for the freedom to talk about religion, politics, and anything else I might want to so that I can look back in the years ahead and remember how I felt at this time in my life. Having comments from my friends (in person as well as blogging only friends) means the world to me. It makes me not feel alone.

So on this Veterans Day....I am thankful for my freedom that so many soldiers sacrificed to keep in our country for years to come.

2 jittering comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Thank you!

jennbecc said...

Good post. Happy Veterans Day!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.