Thursday, February 28, 2013

C25K!

I have started trainning for a 5K. I am in week two of the trainning. It is going very well. My sister has been running for a little over a year and has done several 5K, 10K and 1/2 Marathons. She is an inspiration to me. I use to do Zumba (you can see several of the posts I have done for Zumba here) and loved it. Unfortuantly, 2 yrs ago I slipped on some ice and twisted my ankle pretty badly. It hurt to do Zumba so I stopped. Over the past year I have tried to get back into Zumba. I have attended some classes at the new gym I joined. I loved them...and because of that would push myself to fast and make my self sick. That is no fun to throw up after a work out. So I have been looking for a way to work out to reduce some stress in my life as well as help take off some fat in the process as well. A couple weeks ago I interviewed my sister. She has given me some great advice. I did some searches on the internet (per her suggestion) and found a really cool website that has Podcasts with free 5K trainning I can download and put on my ipod. Podrunner Intervals
I am LOVEing it!!! I did start my trainning in my neighborhood because the weather got nicer but then it snowed again and I have been pushed back to the gym to use the treadmills. But I am excited, and happy....and taking my time. No rush. Just enjoying the process, and looking forward to planning a 5K at the end to run. I would love to do one with my sister!

0 jittering comments:

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.