Friday, May 23, 2014

Birds and the Trees

It is that time of year when Pollen is in the wind and Allergies are "blowing".  I just got over the past huge Lilac Bush blossom that smelled so good but made my eyes burn.  Now it is almost PINE TREE season.



Even though I know that I will be sneezing a lot in the next few days I still find the trees beautiful with their own type of blooms.

My daughter and I have been feeding the birds in our neighborhood since Spring Break in early April.  We first started off with making our own little bird cookies to hang on the pine trees.  We have since found a bowl and have been poring bird seeds in it almost daily.  I love seeing the little birds on the porch but not the mess they have been leaving behind.



I am on the look out for some type of bird feeder that I can hang on the fence you see in the back ground of this picture.  That way, I can still see the cuties but maybe cut down on the daily need to sweep my porch. Maybe I will be able to find something this weekend and share photos soon.  If you have any suggestions please put them in the comments.

I thought I would have more of a problem with the squirrels in the neighborhood too but they are not as bad as I thought.  There is a man a few houses down who has a squirrel feeder set up in his front yard.  I think most of the squirrels like his treats more than some simple seeds.



0 jittering comments:

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.