Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Officially a Nugent!

Well at 3:42pm, November 13th Spencer offically became a Nugent!

He did so well in the court room during the proceedings. He sat on my lap for about 30 seconds and then was on Bryan's lap and then he was running around the court room. He did really good though.

All of the case workers that we worked with for the past 20 months were there, Barbara (licenser), Melissa (case worker), Marilyn (adoption case worker) and Darlene (Gardian Ad litem) Which was so great. Our friends MaryRuth, Renee, Wendy, and Kristi were present as well taking pictures. We were not able to get a video of the proceedings and my camera was never used to take any pictures but I am hoping that my friends will email me with pictures soon so that I can post them on the blog. In the mean time check out my Friend MaryRuth's Blog to see the pictures that she took.


So we are now planning the Sealing on Saturday. It looks like we will have about 20 people present to witness this ceremony. We are having his Blessing/Naming ceremony after the Sealing and then some cake and ice cream afterwards. It should be a good celebration.

I am going to change the subject.....Have a very busy week this week. Many things on my mind.

I think I might have Pink Eye! OUCH! Going to see my doctor tomorrow to see if I do. I have never had it before...not sure where I could have gotten it either.

If that was enough....we are working on placement of a baby girl this week as well. Possibly Thursday. She was born early October. We have gone to visit with her two times now....she is in a Foster Home. She is beautiful. Spencer is REALLY having a hard time with me spending time with her. She is coming over to our home tomorrow for an hour and I am hoping that it will help to be in his own home, with his own toys. I am also hoping that having access to "Blue's Clues" on the DVR will help him to relax a bit. He is really jealous. I have been told by several of my friends that it is normal, but I have to say I was not prepared with just how upset he was going to get. He hit me a few times because he was so upset. I just kept telling him "I love you."

Any...way....much is going on in our house and I am sure he is picking up on the stress that I am expressing as well.

So....better close...
oh, on a sad note....we have lost "Jenny" the giraffe lovy that Spencer had. I can't find it! We are trying to get him use to a different giraffe stuffed animal...and hope it works tonight.

Wish me luck.

3 jittering comments:

Heidi said...

Brenda, that is so exciting!!!! Sounds like life is going really well for you guys. I am so excited for you.

jennbecc said...

Jenny is lost!?!....*sigh* I'll see if I can find another one. Congrats again and keep us posted on the new baby girl.

Love you guys,
Jenn & Tots

MaryRuth said...

Brenda it was such a beautiful day!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it!!

I'll send pictures soon... until then feel free to borrow them from my blog to post on your blog!

Love you guys!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.