Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My recommendations


For teaching your toddler:


1. "My Learning Poster", based from the Brightly Beaming Resources, Prepretory Curriculum. Bug is having such a good time with this curriculum, and I love just how easy it has been. It really takes me not time at all....maybe and hour to print and laminate the items once a week, and go online to pick out books at the library to supliment the Weekly Theme, but it is soooooo much fun to see Bug participating in the Learning Time that we do each morning. We start sometime around 8am and go tell he is no longer interested. Usually about 15 minutes. Then through out the day I point to the poster and mention what we learned again. The poster is hanging in our living room right now. Very easy to point to it through out the day.






Here is a picture of the poster. This was taken on Saturday after all the different subjects were taught. Next Saturday there will be new items under each subject. I am so glad that I found this web site.







I have also checked out from the library this book. I think I am going to buy it, because it has tons of fun stuff to do for the Alphabet Letters.
I think I am going to go ahead and purchase this book, because there is soooooo much stuff in this book that are going to be fun to do.












I also love the Leap Frog "Letters Factory". My friend let us borrow this 25 minute short cartoon video that introduces the sounds for each alphabet letter. Bug LOVES it and wants to watch it over and over and over. He is now trying to make the sounds of each letter instead of just trying to say what the letter is. Example: O makes an "Ahhh" sound. It is so cool to see him getting it.













And lastly, we have the Richard Scarry video called the Best Counting Video Ever. Bryan received it for a trade of video cames that he didn't want at one of the local pawn shops. Bug was not interested in it 6 months ago. I was straighteing our DVD's the other day and came across this video and thought I would give it another try. If he was not interested still I was going to try and sell it, but Bug LOVED it too. I think we watched it a total of 15 times on Sunday. He was counting along with the cats and bunnies! It was so cute!

1 jittering comments:

Andrea said...

I had heard about that alphabet video, but didn't know what it was called. I so need that one! Thanks for all the info.
And your learning poster is great. So much better than what I had made. Love it!
I need to start up again, but I think I'll just do it in my own order. But same basic ideas of a theme, and books and activities to supplement them. So fun!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.