Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tired Toddlers

Bug has decided for the past two days that he is not interested in taking his nap, and tells me by not falling asleep when I put him down for his nap, and tells me "No". I tell him that he needs to have some "Quite Time", and put him in his crib after we do our nap time route (milk, with a book or Baby Einstine Video for 10 minutes only.) But after listening to him wine and scream out for 30 minutes with no end in site I let him come out.





It has worked in my favor for the past two nights though....he has been sleeping in tell 7:15am on Monday and 7:30am today. YEA! I love to have my mornings to myself. So I guess I really am ok with him not taking his nap if it means he will sleep-in in the mornings.





Today was the same with him not wanting to take a nap. So after 30 minutes of "Quite Time" I let him come out. I was watching Rachael Ray and Bug was playing with his toys....then my cable went out....I need to call them and I am dreading it...I hate calling them...because I am on hold for ever! That is a whole nother blog post, until next time. When the cable went out, I was dealing with the remote control, and I remember thinking that Bug was really quite and being so patient waiting for me to fix the TV, when I turned to look at him and he was passed out cold! Sound a sleep!











I was to afraid to pick him up and put him into his own bed....fearful that he would wake up...so I left him. Took some pictures of him. Called my mother to tell her, emailed the pictures to her and my sister. And after only 30 minutes or possibly 45 minutes he woke up, and he was not happy. This cranky behavior is normal for him though. 8 out of 10 times he wakes up cranky!!! from his naps.





oh....I have to share one more thing Bug has started doing....singing to songs! He has been singing Old MacDonald with me during Bath Time....and the Nursery Workers at church must sing "Popcorn Popping" in Nursery each week, because when I sang it last night and again tonight he did all the hand jestures....it was so cute!!!! and he was singing along too.

2 jittering comments:

Jennie said...

oh how cute! what a fun memory! thanks for sharing it with us, your blog friends!

i think that i was a "singer" when i was little too. i know my mom was always singing, so i am sure that i was too!

Alyson said...

Another cute pic. I love how his diaper matches his shirt. I'm glad he's been sleeping in for you a little bit lately, hopefully he keeps it up.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.