Friday, May 25, 2007

Basement is DONE!!!

YEA!!!


The rug in the basement was offically installed on Thursday and finished up today! Which means that the basement is DONE!

I have a few pictures I wanted to share, because I am sooooooooo proud of my hubby and all the hard work he did to make the basement look so good.
I am going to include some before pictures. If you want to read my blog entry about the before pictures go here.










I was able to go shopping for a few hours today for some new bedroom stuff for Bug's new room! I went to several thrift stores looking for a dresser....but no luck. Then I went to Shopko, Linens n Things, T.J. Maxx, and finally Target. I found the cutest bedding!


I was having a very difficult time making up my mind what I wanted to do for a theme in his room. Racking my brain on what I new that Bug liked. All that kept coming to my mind was "Balls". Baseballs, footballs, basketballs, etc....but every time I went looking on-line or in stores for this type of theme, the colors were to dark, and they did not match with the paint I picked for the walls. So....I was stuck. Until I walked into Target and into their bedding section. I saw the perfect theme. If you have been in Target lately you might have noticed the Monkey/Surfing theme....I had several months ago but it was so exspensive so I didn't look at it to long. Well, today I saw it again and really fell in love with it all over again....then I realised it was on Clearence! Everything was 50% off! I got a lamp, blanket with two shams, twin sheets, Monkey body pillow, and a Monkey square pillow that has arms that you can play with. Here is a picture with the twin bed made. We will be moving Bug into his new room in the next week. He will still be in his crib for awhile longer, but the twin bed will be up. I will continue to look for a dresser for him this week.

I would love to read your comments on how the basement turned out, and just how cute Bug's new bedding is.

7 jittering comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't a beautiful thing when you find something that you love, and then you find out it's on CLEARANCE at 50% off? You and it were just meant to be. I LOVE IT!!! Your husband did a wonderful job on the basement. Isn't it great when you get to see what they can accomplish (outside their given profession) at home? My husband did our basement too. Love it.

Jennie said...

oh my goodness! i love it! the bedding, the basement! everything! how fun! and what a huge accomplishment! how exciting!!!

enjoy!!

Alyson said...

I can't wait to come over and see it in person. Everything looks great in the pics. Please send Bryan over to start work on our house. You've seen our house, our basement need alot of work. And after that he can start in on the kitchen and bath. LOL, see you 2 morrow.

Anonymous said...

The basement looks GREAT! Bryan did a great job and Bug’s room is super cute! Way to go!!

~Jenny

Andrea said...

What a cute room. And that's awesome it was on clearance. Love that!
And the basement looks so great. Hope you are enjoying it! What a handy husband you have.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blog! Wonderful photos and wow that basement is looking great! I can tell it represents lots and lots of hours.
I love the photo of you and Spencer on Mother's day!
Benita

MaryRuth said...

Brenda! Wow! Bryan did such a great job!!

AND I LOVE THE BEDROOM THEME!!!!! Monkey's are so cute!!! and clearence!!! Even bettter!!!

Go you!!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.