Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Yummy- Ice Cream Sandwhich Cake!

Yesturday I got to host my church Book Club at my home. We meet once a month at different homes. It is the highlight of my month. I love attending and chatting with the other ladies about the things going on in our lives, as well as discussing the book for the month. This months book was Icy Sparks by Gwyn Hyman Rubio. I have to admit I have only read one book completely since I joined the group almost 2 years ago, but the ladies in the group don't seem to hold it agenst me. It is funny but we don't talk about the book to long most evenings.
The group was small last night because most of the husbands had church meetings that they needed to attend but I did have three from our Book Club able to attend. I got to show off all of Bryan's hard work on the basement, before we sat down to chat, and discuss the book.

Since Bryan worked late lastnight I was alone and had to put Bug to bed by myself with the ladies around. Bug did great though. I am just so thankful with how great he is about going to bed at night.

One of the perks of being the Host of the Book Club is you get to try out yummy Desserts to have served at your Book Club meeting. I was franticly looking for a yummy Dessert, and was thinking it was going to be impossible because I didn't want to bake anything on Monday due to the heat. It was HOT! and Humid!!! After asking my good friend MaryRuth for some advice on a peach cobbler receipe she had posted on her blog, I decided it would be in my best interest to look for something to make that didn't require using my oven.

In my internet receipe search I found the perfect thing for Hot Days. An Ice Cream Sandwhich Cake!!! It was so easy to make, and it turned out to be a great hit among the ladies at Book Club last night. The weather did turn cooler by Tuesday, and it is really cold and rainny today...so I guess the Peach Cobbler Receipe would have worked. Maybe next time I host.




My cake didn't turn out this pretty, but it tasted YUMMY
Here is the Receipe!
Ice Cream Sandwhiches (20)
Caremel Ice Cream Topping
Whip Cream
Heath Bar
Directions:
Use any size pan (I used a 9 x 13 glass pan).
Created by layers
1. sandwhiches
2. Caremel topping
3. sandwhiches
4. Caremel topping
5. whip topping
6. crunched Heath Bar sprinkled on top.
Keep in freezer tell ready to serve.
YUMMMMMMY!
I have found different vursions with Butterfingers, or M&M's on top and instead of Caremel topping you could use Butterscottch, or chocolate, or fudge topping.

5 jittering comments:

Jennie said...

so fun! the cake looks wonderful! i am thinking of starting a bunco group and this would be the perfect snack!

i also think that it would be fun to be in a book club. i am reading at book all of the time.. i guess i worry that it wouldn't be a book that i would like or are interested in.

who chooses your books and how many people are in your group?

sounds like fun! thanks!

Alyson said...

The cake looks delicious, since I am already in Bunco I will have to try it out for that(thanks Jenny, for the idea) and thanks for the recipe. I'm glad you had a good time at our house and that bug is enjoying his new toy.

Uberly Ewe said...

Jennie,
I can't seem to locate your email address to respond to your comment, so I will do it here....

At the begining of the year a list is passed around and everyone in the group suggests one book and writes it down on the month they think it would be good to read in. and then we also pick a month that we can host. our book suggestion and hosting day could be the same but doesn't have to be that way. We have 7 ladies in the group but it changes all the time with ladies moving in and out of the ward all the time.

The ward I was in before, book club was announced in Relief Society, but the club I am in now it is all done by word of mouth and then monthly emails with the name of the new books.

You should think about starting up one in your ward. I know how it is being worried that no one will like your book you are suggesting, but everyone seems to be pretty interested in most of the books. Plus our ladies seem to be really open to different books.

HTH

Unknown said...

I actually live in Oregon but only 15 minutes away from the Longview/Rainier bridge so I spend A LOT of time in Washington. I enjoyed the nice weather and now I am enjoying the cooler weather.

Loved the look of the cake, may have to make that.......definately looks worth the time and effort.

Thanks for posting the zoo cam. I spent A LOT of time at Portland zoo as Charlie loves animals

Andrea said...

yummy.
I too love book club. Good food. good times.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.