Saturday, June 09, 2007

Playdates, slides, garage sales and Johnny Depp

Bug had a play date yesturday with my friend Alyson's son. Well actually I was asked if I could watch her son because she was working and her hubby was living town for a fun weekend outing with some guy friends, and she needed someone to watch her son for a few hours. I was so excited about having C over that I jumped at the request. Bug thinks that C. is the coolest big kid ever. C. is 4 right now and is so much fun to be around. Bug followed him eveywhere. After playing outside on our new play equipment, the boys came inside to watch a little Seasame Street while I baked some cookies and brownies for the Garage sale that I was helping at on Saturday. I could hear C. telling Bug not to laugh. Bug gets so happy with Elmo and Big Bird...that he laughs and laughs. I guess it was to loud for C. LOL! C. was a good sport dealing with a little 2 year old who wanted to do everything he was doing and go everywhere he went.


Bug and C. were playing on a slide that I have in my living room currently because it has been raining outside and this way Bug has something to play on to burn off some energy. Anyway...Bug likes to try doing down the slide in different ways. I have told him "No" several times but I was in the kitchen yesturday when he fell off the slide. I came right into the living room and scooped him up. He kept crying and crying...I thought he hurt his head. After a few minutes he stopped crying and wanted to go off after C., but he couldn't walk very well. He strained his ankel or possibly his knee. Bryan wrapped his ankle with an ace bandage (the right one). But after a few minutes it really looked like it was his left leg instead....I kept joking that we should just wrap both legs so that we didn't have to worry what leg was the hurt one. We kept asking Bug which leg hurt but he wouldn't answer. The leg is not broken because it is not swelling and he is not crying.


As of today....Bug is doing great. He is hobbling....just a little, but he is climbing and walking and running a little too. He doesn't seem to mind. I just feel so bad that my little guy got hurt.


As I wrote earlier....I worked at a Garage Sale. The Moms Club that I belong to was participating in a community wide garage sale. There must have been 500 homes or more that had gargage sales going on in the cityof Liberty Lake, WA. Crazy! There were tons of people, and they were buying the stuff that we were selling....toys, clothes, yard equipment....ect...crazy!

I met up with my friend Alyson at this event. She needed to borrow some of my space in my van to carry some of her treasures home. She was way on the other side of town, and needed my help. I am so proud of myself that I found her. I told her when I found her, "You challenge me!- in a very good way." I can't believe that I was able to find her because I have never drivin around this town, and I had glanced at a map of the garage sale areas, and then hit the road...and I found her! Yea! ok...I know that this joy for me might seem silly, but I usually get really stressed about things like last minute changes...and I am not good at finding places even with a map in front of me. So I am stepping out!


Also, if you are reading this blog Shelby, I got that Captin Jack Sparrow cardboard cutout from the same house that my friend Alyson found her last great sale item. If you have not called me yet to pick it up yet, please do call me. It is from Bug to say thank you for babysitting him on Friday night. He knows just how much you love Johnny Depp.

2 jittering comments:

Jennie said...

how fun! i LOVE yard/garage sales! my friends and i go all summer. we even have matching "yard saleing" purses that we got at the dollar store!

Andrea said...

yea for finding a place without a map in front.
garage sales are fun- especially when there's a bunch of them.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.