Wednesday, August 01, 2007

playdate with best friend C

Bug had a play date with his really good friend "C" today. The two of them are in nursery together. About a month back the Nursery Leader said that Bug had a friend in the Nursery and to tell you the truth I didn't believe her. Not that I think she is a lier but rather, it seemed like Bug just can't get along with anyone unless they are 2 to 3 years older than he is. All the kids in Nursery are near his age and that means he doesn't like them, and will act up and gets very upset. Some of this is normal but alot has to do with his difficulty dealing with sensory input issues. I am hoping that as time goes on he will grow out of this and that the Occupational Therapy sessions will help.....I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel but I know what ever happens I am not alone and time will help me deal with my feelings about Bugs issues.


Back on track...focus...focus.


So, Bug got to go to C's house and hang out with him and his brother's and sister's. He was a little clingy today and it took some time to get him to warm up to playing alone with C, but eventually did. I got to chat with C's mom and another friend who brought her kids over too.
It was such a great morning. C's mom makes such yummy salads!!! This is the 2nd time we have gone over to hang out at her home and both times she has made such good food. Today she made a brocolli salad, and I told her that I am not a huge fan of brocolli, but that I have made it a habit that when I am over at my friend's home to try everything they cook, because I don't want to be rude....and if I don't like it then that is ok, just as long as I gave it a try. Well, as I have gotten older I have been pleasently surprised with the things I have tried. This brocolli was YUMMY!!!!!!!!! So yummy that I went back for seconds!!!!
I can't wait until Bug doesn't have to take naps so that the play groups can go longer. But at 1pm it was time to go....Bug and C were both begining to have a hard time sharing....and crying over little things.


Here are some cute pictures of the boys.

The boys watching Baby Einstein together.

The boys playing in the water/sand table outside.

1 jittering comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like they're having a great time. It's so nice when you see your kids playing nice with others.
And I still need naps. lol.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.