Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I am an internet junkie

I have been going through withdrawls....bad withdrawls. My husband tried to surprise me by upgrading our internet service to a faster one. (I had been complaining how slow it seemed to be lately) The only trouble with his plan to surprise me, was he didn't realize that Murphy's Law would come into effect when he works on the computers. About 80% of the time things don't work out exactly as he has planned, and this surprise was no different.
Here is the play by play.
I woke up Monday and went down stairs to get Bug up and have our Breakfast and our morning lesson (Learning Poster), which lasts for about 20 minutes and then Bug watches a TV show for 30 minutes while I go onto the internet until Bryan gets up and I have an hour to myself before I face my day. (so nice to have this time to do what I want; go for a walk?, shower, paint my toes, anything I woud like to do). I tried to get online but was not able too, so I unplugged the Qwest DSL wireless box and plugged it back in, but it didn't fix it I tried it several times, and it didn't work. I was getting frustrated and then Bryan came down and I told him, and he looked confused. At this time we all came upstairs and were getting dressed and such, and I went and tried the internet again, but still nothing....so I went down stairs one more time. I found a note paper with Bryan's hand writing on it and then read it. It had been in the laundry room last week and I put it in the playroom/computer room on the computer table, because it looked important. I am so glad that I had not thrown it away like I was going to do at first, because it looked like garbage. I came up stairs and showed Bryan the note I found and he then realized what could be going on with the internet. He was trying to upgrade the internet to surprise me.

I made him call Qwest to see what was wrong and they said that it could take until 5pm to get it all done on their end. While he was on the phone with them the Internet was working, but then it stopped. And never came back online. Ugggg! I was very upset. I am so addicted to the internet. I seriously thought to myself...."What am I going to do all day?"

Bryan had to go to work at 2pm and the rest of the day went by soooooo slowly. Bug got a new game for his Little Leaps player and it was fun watching him play the new game. But I wanted to get online so bad!!! It made me grumpy. I had a hard time being patient with everyone.

Bryan called at 8pm to check in, but I told him that the internet was not working. I got caught up on my Law and Order shows. LOL. This morning Bryan called and the lady on the phone said it sounded like the filter needed to be on the phone....but we have misplaced the filter....so we had to disconnect the phone downstairs....and now it is working!!!! I did little happy dance in my head!!!

So now I have my fix...and all is good.

1 jittering comments:

Jennie said...

i totally understand how frustrating it can be to not have the access that we "need"!

glad all is well now!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.