Saturday, August 18, 2007

Squeeker update

Sorry this is getting posted so late.

By 2:30pm yesterday I still had not heard from the caseworker regarding the results of the background check on Squeeker's Birthmother's relatives. I gave her a call and left a message on her cell phone. With in 10 minutes she was calling me back and informed me that one of the Relatives did not pass the back ground check, so this disqualified them to take Squeeker in. So he is still with us. The case worker is concerned that the relatives might fight the decision not to place with them because other children in the past have been placed with them even though there was this situation popping up on the back ground check for one of them.
We will see.

When I brought him home from his visitation with his birthmother yesterday Bug came right over to his car seat and handed him his passifier, and blue blanket! I was so shocked. Bug really enjoys him.

Squeeker is doing well I guess. He is sleeping ALL the time! He hardly is awake and this concerns me a great deal. He is so lethargic. He has cut back on his bottles too. He was eating every 3 hours 2 oz...but when I try to feed him every 3 hours he wants to eat only 1 oz...and then fall asleep. I feel so bad that I have to strip him down to his diaper during most feedings because he will just sleep. It has been pretty warm here the past few days though.

His Umbilical cord feel off during the visitation yesterday. I found it in his clothes when I was changing him when we got home. He smells of cigs and heavy perfume after the visits so I feel like I have to give him a sponge bath so that he smells like a baby again.

Please keep Squeeker in your prayers that his belly button is okay. It looks weird and I am a bit concerned, and will keep an eye on it. He does have an appointment scheduled on Tuesday morning with his doctor so it could wait tell then, but we will see. Also, please keep us all in your prayers. We want him to stay with us and hope that is what Heavenly Father wants too.

Thanks for reading.

7 jittering comments:

Anonymous said...

ouy evol I

Andrea said...

So sad to see babies in bad situations. So glad you're there for him. I sure hope he gets to stay!

MaryRuth said...

Hoping things will work out for you guys!

We love you!!

Unknown said...

I will keep squeeker and all of you in my prayers. I want to much for him to stay with you and become a part of your family. I feel so bad for the little guy struggling enough and then he comes home smelling of smoke. it must be breaking your heart. Thank goodness you have your faith....stay strong........

Alyson said...

Sorry I rushed you off the phone yesterday, I hope the rest of your Sunday went well and that it's all good news from here on out.

Jennie said...

i hope that all is well. it is so obvious how much you love and take care of this little guy!

your family needs him!

Zoe said...

You are so amazing to open your heart like this for children. Squeeker is truly blessed to have you in his life. I pray that everything works out okay.


PS I LOVE the songs on your blog!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.