Monday, December 21, 2009

Potato Casserole


Received this recipe last year for when I volunteered to cook something for my church Christmas Party. I made it again this year for the Moms Club Christmas Party just this morning. Got tons of compliments, so I thought I would share the recipe. It is so easy to make. I like easy.


8 medium Potatoes (or about 30 oz frozen hashbrowns)

1/4 cup margarine/butter

1 can cream of chicken

1 pint (2 cups) sour cream

1/3 cup minced onion

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

salt and pepper to taste


Topping

2 cups crushed cornflakes

2 Tablespoons melted margarine/butter


If using fresh potatoes boil, peel, and grate. Mix butter, soup, sour cream, onion, cheese, and salt and pepper. Combine with potatoes and mix well. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Mix cornflakes and butter and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 5-10 more minutes.


Enjoy!

1 jittering comments:

Stephani said...

This sounds really good, I'm going to have to give it a try.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.