Wednesday, May 30, 2007

ABC's of Homemaking!

rules: answer the following questions related to homemaking and then tag 3 people. don't forget to link to to the person who tagged you and let the people you tag know they have been tagged.

~aprons- y/n? if y, what does your favorite look like?
yes... my mom gave me several of the antique ones that she was collecting. tons of colors.
~baking- favorite thing to bake.
i love to bake cake cookies!
~clothesline- y/n?
Nope
~donuts- have you ever made them?
never have made them
~everyday- one homemaking thing you do every day.
I make my bed every morning....and I would have to say I cook dinner.
~freezer- do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yep...it is down in our basement. We got it for free from one of the families in our ward who were moving out of the ward and could not take it with them. I love having it.
~garbage disposal- y/n?
Nope...and this makes me frustrated. I dislike the sink being clogged with food. uggg!
~handbook- what is your favorite homemaking resource?
My mom and also FlyLady.com
~ironing- love it or hate it?
I hate it. I hung up a pole in the laundry room so that I can hang up clothes when they come right out of the dryer.
~junk drawer- y/n? where is it?
Yep...the top drawer of the table that we have in our dinning room wear our phone is set up. I must clean it up again. Every couple of months I have to go through things and clean out the real junk/garbage.
~kitchen- color and decorating scheme?
Nothing really going on right now...in the past it has always been strawberries, but since we moved into our new home 2 1/2 years ago...I wanted a change....but nothing has come of it yet.
~love- what is your favorite part of homemaking?
Getting to wear jeans and t-shirts everyday!
~mop- y/n?
yep....I have a small one that I use once a week for the living room and bathroom.
~nylons- wash by hand or in the washing machine?
machine, that is if they don't get a hole in them the first time I wear them. I usually only can wear them one time.
~oven- do you use the window or open the oven door to check?
I use the door...don't have a window in my oven door.
~pizza- what do you put on yours?
Cheese, and sausage and muchroom
~quiet- what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I go online, and blog....or watch a show that I have recorded.
~recipe card box- y/n? what does it look like?
I have two binders that I have recipes in them. I hord recipes...I like to try new receipes but then I don't get rid of them if we don't like the results. So I just keep them and keep them.
~style of house- what style is your house?
1906 "A" frame. Now officially has 3 bedrooms and a family room, in addition to a living room, dining room, kitchen, and one bathroom.
~tablecloths and napkins- y/n?
No tablecoths....just for Thanksgiving. I don't like how food always fall on them and then they get stained up.
~under the kitchen sink- organized or toxic wasteland?
Child locks on the doors, and a tub of cleaning supplies, garbage can, and garbage bags.
~vacuum- how many times per week?
Two times a week. Mondays and Fridays- Bryan cleans the stains out of the rugs about every 6 weeks.
~wash- how many loads of laundry do you do per week?
I do one load usually a day. Mondays- towels; Tuesday- whites; Wednesday- colors; Thursdays- Darks/hubby's work clothes; Fridays- Bug's Clothes, Saturdays- Bedding/sheets.
~x's- do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I always start of that way....but my list never gets crossed off, because I find other things that need to get done, that is usually not on my list. Uggg!
~yard- y/n? who does what?
yep...a big back yard. Hubby mows once a week, and I water the plants- daily. (well I try...i had better get better at this because it is getting HOT outside and the plants/flowers are not going to make it with out getting watered daily.
~zzz's- what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Pick up toys.....put all dishes into the dishwasher and program it to run during the night.

So that is my list.

Thanks Jennie for the idea to do this post. It was fun!

So now I tag.....let me think....Andrea, MaryRuth and Benita!

1 jittering comments:

Unknown said...

Hi brenda....nice to meet you. It sounds like Bug and Charlie have a lot in common as he also wakes up from naps in such a bad mood, I wonder whether it was really worth the effort putting him down. He also use to wake up between 4 -5 am and was really to start his day (unlike me!). Charlie will be three in the next few months and I am glad to say that he has started sleeping till 6.30 or so in the last few months and his speech has come greatly in the last few months (in fact the other month, for the first time ever I thought.........only thought it, never said it....shut up! so I knew he must be improving greatly.

I look forward to reading about your life and I love Bugs's bed sheets. Charlie LOVES Curious George so maybe I will go check out Target myself!

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.