Monday, September 10, 2007

Frustrated

Nothing new to report in the Squeeker situation. Did have an argument with the case worker today.
I started to type it all up and then realized that it is just so "OLD" talking about it all. Lets just say that I am not doing well with the case worker. I told him that I would be picking Squeeker up after the visitation today, and then 2 minutes later he said, "I will pick up Bobby *not Squeeker's real name* after the visit and will bring him to your home." I said, "Bobby, You mean ***** (Squeeker's real name) and he laughted and said, "Oh, yes. I mean *****. " I then said, "We just decided that I was going to bring ***** home and that you didn't need to do it. Do you not remember our conversation 2 minutes ago?" He gave me some lame excuse that he has so many cases and that it comes with the territory to be so confused. I told him that I didn't agree with that. I have worked with other case workers who have never messed up a name before or forgot 2 minutes later what I had just said. He then proceeded to say...."You remember what they talked about at the Foster Training Classes....We are not an Adoption Agencey." I stoped him. I was MAD! I said, "I am not talking about that....I know that Squeeker could go to another home. I know that no placement is a promise to keep the child...but that I was talking about the fact that he called Squeeker by the wrong name and that he didn't listen to me when I said that I would be picking Squeeker up from the visit today and that he didn't need to do it. UGGGGGG!

I called his Supervisior and after calling her two times finally got a hold of her and told her my concerns. Don't think anything really will happen. But she said she would check into the Marriage Certificate that still has not surfaced, and also talk to the case worker about calling me back if he is going to be bringing Squeeker home later than 30 minutes after the visits are done, and then discuss the mix up on the name situation. And she said to call her if I had any other problems.

There is so much more...that I want to rant about, but I don't want you all to read about such depressing stuff. Plus, it makes me feel bad just focusing on the negative stuff going on in my life. I have many great things I need to focus on, like Bug and all the amazing things he is doing. And how beautiful the weather has been lately, and how great my husband has been during all this yucky stress. He has been good to me, and has helped me to stay calm. He is a good balance for me.

3 jittering comments:

Kate said...

I'm so sorry you're so stressed right now Brenda . . . I hope things start calming down for your sweet little family soon . . . I'll be praying for you!

Renee' P said...

Brenda, what can I say to make you feel better, except I understand what you're going through. Seeing you go through this makes me so mad because we had it so good with Dominic. I am hoping for the best, but even if you don't get to keep Squeeker, you will always have YOUR SPENCER!! I love you and I'm hurting with you. Call me anytime!!

Anonymous said...

Brenda it sounds like you are a great mom, both your kids look so happy and healthy. I wish I was half as organized and had it together as much as you do. I would like to say it will all work out with Squeeker, but I really dont know, I do know god has a plan for everybody and we just have to trust him.

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.