Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Gone

Just wanted to post that Squeeker is no longer with us. He went to live with his Maternial Aunt and Uncle. The case worker was confused when he told me that the new Relatives that were popping up where the Step Uncle. It never was a Step Uncle, but the original Aunt and Uncle that I mentioned in the post here, here, and here.

Bryan stayed home from work today and was here when the case worker brought Squeeker home. He said that the Aunt and Uncle cleared. We told him to take him right then. It was the most difficult thing for me to say and I didn't want to say it, but I had too. The case worker kept saying that it was up to us when he would go to live with the Relatives, and finally Bryan said that if he didn't go today, then when, and the case worker said Friday. We said "NO", we can't keep him two more days knowing he was going. He needed to go right now. Then the case worker tried to make it happen tomorrow, because he didn't have a car seat for him, but we said "No". We can't keep him knowing he is going. It is done. The case worker said that he didn't want to just come in and say that

I am embarrased to say that I have already said my good-byes to Squeeker when the Aunt and Uncle popped into the picture a week into the placement. I have just been going through the motions of caring for him and have not allowed myself to get to close. Infact I have been rather, unloving when you look at how distant I have been with him. Once this Aunt and Uncle where mentioned I basicly "checked out".

Thank you to you all who read my blog. The ones I know, the ones who have left me comments and those who have just been looking and not commenting. It has helped to express my feelings during this process. I feel like I have been heard.

Please keep us in your prayers during this time. I guess it kind of feels like when a family finds out that their new born baby has cancer and is going to die....not totally the same, but they too have to care for their child and sit around and wait for the day they die...just like we have done with wondering when Squeeker was going to go.

We told the case worker that we would never do this again, and he tried to stop us and say that just because this situation happened not to close the door completely, and leave the door open for the future, but I am going to say...."We are NOT going to do Foster to Adopt again. EVER!" The only way we will have another child in our home is if they are legally free before they even step through our door into our home.

We are going to try to go to the Temple next week.

7 jittering comments:

Renee' P said...

Brenda I am so sorry. I just got the email and read you blog. I am here for you if you need someone to talk to. I totally understand why you let them take him today. I would have done the same too. On the bright side, you just focus on YOUR SON and take care of him like you always do. I am huring with you. So sorry. We'll talk later.

Andrea said...

That's so sad. Good for you for making him take the baby that day. I hope you are comforted at this sad time.
I'll email you soon.

jennbecc said...

I'm sorry....I love you.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Brenda. I would have done the same thing by having the caseworker take the baby then. Why prevent the inevitable (sp), and it would have ended up being twice as hard for you to do 1-2 days later.

More Bloggs said...

Brenda!!this case worker sounds like an idiot,i think he is lieing to you.Im Thinking the opposition is really working hard to make your lives a misery,because he knows the potential of the children,we put your names including James Hudson,the baby, on the prayer rolls,in the Oakland temple on thursday evening,remember god is in control,what ever will happen that is his will, will happen

Love Daddy2

Jennie said...

brenda! i am so sorry that squeaker is gone. i have never met you in person, but i want you to know that i think you did the right thing.

i can tell you are an amazing person with a genuine love for others. it is hard to understand right now, but this will get easier.

i hope that you find the answers and peace that you need at the temple.

love to you all...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to here what happened.
Hope you guys are doing well. if not give us a call. :)
take cere
love
Geoff

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.