Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I am sad to see my family go.

I had such a great time with my sister and mom when they came to visit. I miss them both so much.

They arrived last Friday. It was about 9:45am when I checked their flight online for its status and learned that they were going to land at 10:10am. I still needed to dry my hair and drive to the airport. Luckily, we only live about 10 minutes from the airport.

I dried my hair, and Bug decided that he wanted to stay home with Daddy playing some game on the Internet. They were having so much fun. So I was off to the airport alone. I was a bit nervous that I would get lost, or not find the correct terminal, but our airport is really small. I parked in the perfect spot and fed the meter and headed inside. I did have to ask one lady who worked for United Airlines where JetExpress airlines flew into and she was nice and told me. By the time I got to the baggage claim area, I saw my mom. She came up to me and rubbed my belly and said "Hello" to her grand daughter. The luggage was quick to come out, and we were soon loaded up in the van and heading home.

Bug was so excited to see my mom. He said, "Grammy!!!" when they walked in the front door. She picked him up and gave him a big hug, and he asked her, "Where have you been?" He missed her a lot. My sister was greeted with a smile but no hugs because Bug needed to get use to her. At least he didn't scream or cry when he saw her. He soon warmed up to her when he realized that she was really SPIDER-MAN (Auntie Jen). When her super hero identity was revealed he was hooked.

I am Spider- Auntie!

Look at that Web action!!!

We had a light lunch and then Bryan and I had to head out for our Massages, so we left my mom and sister alone to take a nap and relax a bit, and get settled.

The massage was much needed! It had been two weeks and I was hurting. My upper and mid back were very tight. I have to laugh at what I must have looked like trying to get up on the massage table. I was struggling. I think I will have to bring a little stool for myself. LOL

When I got home I took my sister with me to see if I could find a Maternity Belt. We headed to the mall, and found one, and I bought it. Here is a picture that my sister took of us in the dressing room.

Being Pregos in the dressing room....GOOF BALLS!

I didn't notice that she had one of those tummy pillows under her shirt. I guess the matirnity stores have these in the dressing rooms to help you see what the shirt will look like when you put them on. My sister kept bumping the tummy pillow into me until I finally realized that she was wearing it, and then we got a good laugh. She wanted to take a picture of it and me wearing that stupid maturnity belt. I tried the belt the rest of the day (it is worn under my shirt * I just have it out in the picture) but it hurt more so I took it off. And returned it to the store.

Bug had so much fun with Grammy and Auntie Jenny that he didn't want to go to sleep that night. I think it was 9:45pm when he finally fell asleep. He was sleeping in his own bed in our room and I had to stay in the room with him to help him calm down. I was laying on my own bed, and Bryan came in at 10pm and found me asleep. It was sooooo hot!!! It took me a hard time falling back to sleep once I got my self ready for bed. The bed time routine for me. I still think my mom and sister are the ones who brought the heat with them from California.

The next morning we took it easy in the morning. We headed out for Lunch at Red Robin and had the yummiest meals! Bryan was able to come too. He was a huge help intertaining Bug while we ate, and talked. Then my sister wanted to go to Starbucks to get a yummy drink. Chocolatety Chip Frapatino. (forgive spelling and if I have the name wrong, I don't shop there and don't know all the correct names) I got a taste and it was very yummy. We dropped Bryan and Bug off at home and then we were off to the Baby Shower. It was such a HOT day!

My friend Alyson did a great job planning the party. Decorations, food and games/activites. It was fun. Here are some pictures that my sister took with her camera.

Me and my sister before heading to the Baby Shower.

One of the activities for the guests to do was decorate onesies for our little baby (A.K.A. BABY LADY BUG) Everyone did a great job. It was so fun to look at the end projects. And now each time when I put one on my little one I will be reminded of this special day and my friends and family who were there to celebrate with me.

The cake that Alyson got at Safeway! Ladybugs!!!! And since I already have the Snips and Sails and Puppy Dog Tails, I needed the Sugar, and Spice and Everything Nice. :)

Here are some of the gifts that my Mom and Sister gave to us.

My Mom made these bibs on her new sewing machine. Lady bugs!!!

Baby Lady Bug's first "RAG" Doll.~ From Grammy (my mom)

My Mom made this slip to go under the crocheted dress that my MIL made for Baby Lady Bug to wear at her Blessing. See here for the post of a picture of the Crocheted dress that my MIL made. Now both Grammy and Oma have made something that she will wear on her Special Day where her Father (Bryan) will get to bless her with name and all the other Blessings that Heavenly Father wants to place upon her. I can't wait tell this day! Bug's was very Special because we had just had him sealed to us as an eternal family a few hours before at the Temple and I still could feel the spirit so strongly.

When Baby Lady Bug is blessed we are hoping that both my Mom and Bryan's Parents can be there, but we will have to see how things pan out with timing of things and cost of things.

My mom made this beautiful Quilt for Baby Lady Bug! My mom does such good work. I love each quilt that she has made for me and now my kidlets. She made one for the Foster Baby Boy we had last year. I could not pass it along with him when he was removed from our home, and keep it in a box that helps me to remember him.

The cutest outfit my sister gave to Baby Lady Bug. Look at those Bike Shorts!!! So Sporty! She also gave Baby Lady Bug a cute Minnie Mouse stuffed animal in a pink dress, and some jammies that are from the Disney Store. Unfortunately, my eyes are closed in the pictures and I look really weird in the pictures. Since I author of this blog I get to approve the pictures shared, and I just look so bad in those pictures that I can't get myself to share them. *smiles* :P

My friend Alyson gave me this cute baby calendar to help me document all the important things about Baby Lady Bug for each month after she is born.

Here are the guests at my shower. Everyone must have known the colors I have picked out for Baby Lady Bug's room. Green and Pink.

L-R Front row: Natalie, Dana, Alyson, Wendy. Back row: My mom, Kristi, Me, My sister (Jenny), Rebecca, Tami.

When the shower was done we went and bought some supplies to make Brats (spelling) for dinner. They are kind of like Sausage Hot Dogs. My sister made them and we ate them outside on the patio furniture. It was such a nice evening. Hot but so nice. I was so tired after all the activities of the day.

When we came inside Bug was running around and fell and hurt his knee on a stray metal cookie cutter. It some how got down in the living room. I had seen it in with his toys earlier that morning but got distracted and forgot to pick it up. I must have had some idea that he was going to get hurt from it. I wish that I had just picked it up when I first saw it. Unfortunately he fell on it and cut his knee. Don't think it needs stitches, but it was bleeding pretty good. I got kind of woosie from looking at it. We cleaned it up and bandaged it up and then it was time for him to get to bed. So I spent another evening in my bedroom trying to help him to calm down and fall asleep. It didn't take as long as the night before.

Sunday we headed to lunch at TGIF~ worse service and FOOD ever! Very disappointing. We then went to Wal-Mart and Target looking for a window cover thingie for my sister's car. She and her family are driving to Disneyland for a fun time, and the opportunity to meet up with a blogger friend. We had no luck finding the window cover thingie. :(

We also went to Starbucks again and got some yummy drinks. I got a vanilla bean frapochino. (spelling) It was very yummy.

When we got home my sister and mom went wild in Baby Lady Bug's room. I have not had to much energy at decorating the room. It has been hard on me~ kind of depressing really, so I was grateful for their help. I had a really cute boarder that I wanted to put up. My mom suggested putting the left over lady bug wall decorations on the boarder. It turned out so cute. My sister and mom also changed around the crib and the curtains in the window. I don't have a picture of the window curtains yet, but I will once I finish sewing on a panel. Just a side note, the curtains I have were my curtains when I was a baby. My mom made them for my bedroom. I love the idea of having them for my little girl.

Here are a few pictures of the finished room.

The dresser will be in front of the window so that is why you don't see a dresser.

My sister took this picture of Bryan, Bug and a very HOT prego me on Monday morning. My feet have swelled up so much from the heat. *pout* I guess my sister has another blogging friend who has the same couch as us.

Bug had hurt his knee again. He keeps wanting to take off the bandage off and he had been crying just before this picture was taken. The wound is looking much better today and I think it will heal up fine.

I took my sister and mom to the airport at 4pm on Monday so they could catch their flight home.

It was so good to see them. I miss them. I hope they had a good time, even though it was so HOT here this weekend.

I am tired!!! So I am going to close this post for now. I hope you have enjoyed the up date.

5 jittering comments:

Grammy said...

I had a wonderful time...and miss rubbing my cheek on Bugs hair! See you in a couple...Love and Hugs.

Christensen family said...

Oh Brenda, I love the pictures from the shower. Wow it looked like soooo much fun. I love all the great activities you did. What great gifts. Wish I could have been there. Missed you at the park today, but you were busy saying goodbye. It is always difficult having family leave!


MaryRuth said...

Brenda I'm SOOO happy that you got to see your family and SOO happy that you had a wonderful baby shower! I so wish I could have been there!!!

Love you friend!!

Jennie said...

how fun! i am glad that you had a good visit with your family! that is the best!

thanks for sharing your story!

Becky said...

The baby's room is soooo cute!! Sounds like you had a good shower- wish I could have been there . . .

Isn't it great when family visits?

Post a Comment

I will post your comment after I review it. Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a little note.